END TIME NEWS, A CALL FOR REPENTANCE, YESHUA THE ONLY WAY TO HEAVEN

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TODAY IS
Latest topics
» PLEASE ACCESS THE LINK TO ALL INFORMATION
POPE FRANCIS 'AT MY AGE, I'VE GOT NOTHING TO LOSE' EmptySun 29 Aug 2021, 22:15 by Jude

THE OLIVE BRANCH | GOD IS MY SALVATION
LIVE TRAFFIC FEED

WEATHER FORECAST
ScreenSaver Forecast by NWS
WEATHER FORECAST
ScreenSaver Forecast by yr.no

POPE FRANCIS 'AT MY AGE, I'VE GOT NOTHING TO LOSE'

Go down

POPE FRANCIS 'AT MY AGE, I'VE GOT NOTHING TO LOSE' Empty POPE FRANCIS 'AT MY AGE, I'VE GOT NOTHING TO LOSE'

Post  Guest Sat 14 Jun 2014, 08:30

Pope Francis: 'at my age, I've got nothing to lose'

POPE FRANCIS 'AT MY AGE, I'VE GOT NOTHING TO LOSE' Pope-p10

Pope Francis says he refuses to travel in a "sardine can" bullet-proof Popemobile because, despite concerns for his security, at his age he has nothing to lose

Pope Francis greets crowd of faithful from the Popemobile in downtown Rio de Janeiro

By Nick Squires, Rome

1:39PM BST 13 Jun 2014

Pope Francis has brushed off fears for his personal security, saying he chooses not to travel in a bullet-proof, "sardine can" Popemobile because he wants to engage with ordinary people and that "at [his] age, he doesn't have much to lose".

The 77-year-old pontiff has created a security headache for Vatican officials with his refusal to ride in Popemobiles equipped with enclosed, bullet-proof glass domes.

There were particular fears for his safety during his recent trip to the Holy Land, which involved public appearances in Jordan, Jerusalem and Bethlehem.

Similar concerns arose last July when he made a week-long trip to Rio de Janeiro, where he toured a "favela" shanty town and rode in an open-topped white jeep along the sea front of Copacabana beach.

Pope Francis, who was elected in March last year, said: "It's true that anything could happen, but let's face it, at my age I don't have much to lose."

Back to top Go down