END TIME NEWS, A CALL FOR REPENTANCE, YESHUA THE ONLY WAY TO HEAVEN

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TODAY IS
Latest topics
» PLEASE ACCESS THE LINK TO ALL INFORMATION
POPE FRANCIS EXPECTS HIS PAPACY TO BE NO MORE THAN FIVE YEARS EmptySun 29 Aug 2021, 22:15 by Jude

THE OLIVE BRANCH | GOD IS MY SALVATION
LIVE TRAFFIC FEED

WEATHER FORECAST
ScreenSaver Forecast by NWS
WEATHER FORECAST
ScreenSaver Forecast by yr.no

POPE FRANCIS EXPECTS HIS PAPACY TO BE NO MORE THAN FIVE YEARS

Go down

POPE FRANCIS EXPECTS HIS PAPACY TO BE NO MORE THAN FIVE YEARS Empty POPE FRANCIS EXPECTS HIS PAPACY TO BE NO MORE THAN FIVE YEARS

Post  Guest Mon 16 Mar 2015, 12:40

Francis expects his papacy to be no more than five years

By Steve Almasy, CNN

Updated 0215 GMT (1015 HKT) March 14, 2015

(CNN)Pope Francis, who succeeded a resigning pontiff exactly two years ago, told a Mexican television network Friday that he expects his pontificate will be brief.

"Four or five years," he told Televisa. "I do not know, even two or three. Two have already passed. It is a somewhat vague sensation. Maybe it's like the psychology of the gambler who convinces himself he will lose, so he won't be disappointed and if he wins, is happy. I do not know."

Francis, who was elected in March 2013 after Pope Benedict XVI stepped down, said his predecessor had reopened a door to more popes emeritus.

When asked whether he likes being Pope, he enthusiastically responded: "I do not mind."

Francis, 78, said he feels God only wanted him to lead the Roman Catholic Church for a short time "and nothing more." He said that he would not support putting an age limit on the papacy.

He also enjoys calling on the Pope Emeritus.

"It's like having a wise grandfather at home. One can seek advice," Francis said.

Francis made similar retirement comments in August when he praised Benedict for "his beautiful gesture" and said he might do the same thing one day.

He told Televisa he misses the ability to go out in public without attracting a huge crowd.

"I would like ... to go out one day, without being recognized, and go to a pizzeria for a pizza," he said.

Also Friday, while at a communal penance service at St. Peter's Basilica, the Pope announced a "Jubilee of Mercy" will start in December. The theme will end November 26, 2016, the Vatican said.

There have been 26 jubilees since the first in 1300. The most recent was in 2000.

Pope says it's OK to spank children if you don't demean them

CNN's Livia Borghese contributed to this report.

Back to top Go down