END TIME NEWS, A CALL FOR REPENTANCE, YESHUA THE ONLY WAY TO HEAVEN

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TODAY IS
Latest topics
» PLEASE ACCESS THE LINK TO ALL INFORMATION
UNLEARN THE LIES - I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST EXCEPT ...  EmptySun 29 Aug 2021, 22:15 by Jude

THE OLIVE BRANCH | GOD IS MY SALVATION
LIVE TRAFFIC FEED

WEATHER FORECAST
ScreenSaver Forecast by NWS
WEATHER FORECAST
ScreenSaver Forecast by yr.no

UNLEARN THE LIES - I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST EXCEPT ...

Go down

UNLEARN THE LIES - I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST EXCEPT ...  Empty UNLEARN THE LIES - I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST EXCEPT ...

Post  Jude Thu 29 Jun 2017, 05:18

Published on Jun 28, 2017
Have you ever heard someone tell you "I can do all things through Christ except obey His commandments"? You might be surprised at how many people actually think this way.

When someone is struggling with a difficult situation, Christians are often quick to say things like "We are more than conquerors in Christ Jesus", or "nothing is impossible with God", or "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." 

It's also common to hear cliches such as "give it to God", but when you ask them if they keep all of God's commandments, they say "nobody can keep all of those commandments", or "its impossible for us to keep the Law". 

So, what happened to "I can do all things through Christ" and "nothing is impossible with God"? 

The truth is, the Bible says if we love God we will keep His commandments, and His commandments are not too difficult for us.

"For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome."
- 1 John 5:3

It's also common to hear Christians claim that we can never stop sinning and we will always be sinners, but the Bible says something quite different.

"Whoever commits sin also commits lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness. And you know that He was manifested to take away our sins, and in Him there is no sin. Whoever abides in Him does not sin. Whoever sins has neither seen Him nor known Him. Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous. He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose, the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil. Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin because he has been born of God. In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest: Whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is he who does not love his brother."
- 1 John 3:4-10

Did you catch that? This is how you know if someone is born of God because he no longer walks in sin. Those who walk in sin are children of the Devil, but those who walk in righteousness are children of God and they do not sin. This is because "we are more than conquerors in Messiah Yeshua", and although it seems difficult at times to resist sin "nothing is impossible with God". 

Did you know the Bible tells us that the Holy Spirit is given to cause us to walk in obedience to God’s commandments?

“I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them.”
- Ezekiel 36:26-27

This means if you have the Holy Spirit within you, you are able to keep His commandments. In fact, He will cause you to walk in obedience to them.

So, the next time someone tells you that "we can't keep the Law" or "we can't stop sinning", tell them, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" and see how they respond.

Visit my website: www.unlearnthelies.com

Support UNLEARN: www.patreon.com/unlearnthelies

• Category

• License

• Standard YouTube License

Jude
Jude
Admin
Admin

https://olivebranchchristian.forumieren.com

Back to top Go down