END TIME NEWS, A CALL FOR REPENTANCE, YESHUA THE ONLY WAY TO HEAVEN

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TODAY IS
Latest topics
» PLEASE ACCESS THE LINK TO ALL INFORMATION
UNLEARN THE LIES - WAS YESHUA CRUCIFIED ON WEDNESDAY, THURSDAY, OR FRIDAY?  EmptySun 29 Aug 2021, 22:15 by Jude

THE OLIVE BRANCH | GOD IS MY SALVATION
LIVE TRAFFIC FEED

WEATHER FORECAST
ScreenSaver Forecast by NWS
WEATHER FORECAST
ScreenSaver Forecast by yr.no

UNLEARN THE LIES - WAS YESHUA CRUCIFIED ON WEDNESDAY, THURSDAY, OR FRIDAY?

Go down

UNLEARN THE LIES - WAS YESHUA CRUCIFIED ON WEDNESDAY, THURSDAY, OR FRIDAY?  Empty UNLEARN THE LIES - WAS YESHUA CRUCIFIED ON WEDNESDAY, THURSDAY, OR FRIDAY?

Post  Jude Thu 15 Jun 2017, 03:13

Published on Jun 12, 2017
Was Yeshua crucified on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday? I have been both humbled and challenged by the topic of Passover this year. I am always telling people that we need to set aside our preconceived ideas and let the Bible speak for itself. We need to let the Bible interpret itself and stop trying to force it to fit our dogmas. However, this year I realized that I have been looking at the events of the crucifixion week through a lens of dogmatic interpretation, instead of simply believing what the Bible says.

There were 4 basic assumptions that were affecting my understanding of these events.

1. I assumed the Church was wrong about a Friday crucifixion.
2. I assumed the sign of Jonah required 72 hours in the grave.
3. I assumed that Yeshua had to die at the same time as the Passover lambs to be our Passover.
4. And because of these assumptions, I also assumed a Wednesday crucifixion was correct.

However, these assumptions were requiring me to ignore and distort a number of verses in the Gospels to fit my preconceived ideas. But, my desire is to be honest with the Biblical text, and I don't want to be guilty of ignoring or dismissing anything in the Bible. It's easy for us to get an idea in our head and then modify our understanding of the text to fit our theory. I am trying to set aside any preconceived ideas that I might have, and understand what the Bible is telling us. As a result, I have been forced to take another look at the crucifixion timeline, and I invite you to do the same.

The Wednesday crucifixion requires us to ignore these facts. The Wednesday crucifixion also casts doubt about the Last Supper being Passover, which in turn forces us to ignore, dismiss, or twist the text to fit our theory.

The Gospels tell us that on the first day of Unleavened Bread Yeshua told His disciples to prepare the Passover so that He could eat it with them. This was the preparation day for Passover.

We have three witnesses who testify that Yeshua ate the Passover with His disciples at that house. There is no reason to question this. This is firmly established in Scripture. There is no reason to try to reinterpret it. Yeshua ate the Passover with His disciples. Then, later that night, after they ate the Passover, He was arrested and placed on trial.

Then the Gospels tell us that on the preparation day for the Sabbath He was crucified. This cannot be the preparation day for Passover because Yeshua and the disciples just ate the Passover. Therefore, this had to be the preparation day for the weekly Sabbath.

Finally, after the Sabbath was passed, He was resurrected, on the first day of the week, and the Gospels tell us this was the third day, thus fulfilling the sign of Jonah.

Yeshua ate Passover with His disciples on Thursday night, and He said for them to "do this in remembrance of Him."
He died on Friday, the preparation for the Sabbath, completing the work He came to do, and said "it is finished", echoing back to the creation week when Yahweh finished His work on the 6th day and rested on the Sabbath.
After resting on the Sabbath, Yeshua rose from the dead, on the third day, as the FirstFruits of the resurrection.

When we let the Bible interpret itself, then all of the pieces line up and there is no reason to doubt or question anything.

The Bible explains the sign of Jonah, saying that He rose on Sunday, the third day since His crucifixion on Friday. The Bible never says it had to be 72 hours. If He had died on Wednesday then Sunday would have been the 4th or 5th day depending on if you count Wednesday as day 1, or if you wait to count Thursday as day 1. In either case, Sunday would not be the third day.

The Bible explains that Yeshua died on the preparation day for the Sabbath. To say He died on Wednesday, then we have to say that He died on the preparation for Passover, which would mean He could not have eaten Passover with His disciples the night before. So, to hold that view, we must either ignore the fact that the Last Supper was Passover, or we have to invent theories to twist the Scriptures into saying something else.

Paul said that Yeshua is our Passover, but that does not mean He had to die at the exact moment the lambs were being killed for Passover. He was killed at the time of Passover, during the week of Passover, but more importantly, it was the function of His death that is important. His death was like that of the Passover because His death brings us freedom from bondage. The Bible also compares His death to the Yom Kippur atonement sacrifice, but He did not die on Yom Kippur. The only way this makes sense is if we look at the function and not be dogmatic about the exact timing.

I agree that we need to reject unbiblical doctrines and traditions. However, we need to make sure we are not creating our own new dogmas that are not based on Scripture.

Visit my website: www.unlearnthelies.com

Support UNLEARN: www.patreon.com/unlearnthelies
Category
Education
License
Standard YouTube License
Jude
Jude
Admin
Admin

https://olivebranchchristian.forumieren.com

Back to top Go down