END TIME NEWS, A CALL FOR REPENTANCE, YESHUA THE ONLY WAY TO HEAVEN

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TODAY IS
Latest topics
» PLEASE ACCESS THE LINK TO ALL INFORMATION
UNLEARN THE LIES - WAS THE LAST SUPPER A PASSOVER MEAL OR NOT? EmptySun 29 Aug 2021, 22:15 by Jude

THE OLIVE BRANCH | GOD IS MY SALVATION
LIVE TRAFFIC FEED

WEATHER FORECAST
ScreenSaver Forecast by NWS
WEATHER FORECAST
ScreenSaver Forecast by yr.no

UNLEARN THE LIES - WAS THE LAST SUPPER A PASSOVER MEAL OR NOT?

Go down

UNLEARN THE LIES - WAS THE LAST SUPPER A PASSOVER MEAL OR NOT? Empty UNLEARN THE LIES - WAS THE LAST SUPPER A PASSOVER MEAL OR NOT?

Post  Jude Fri 31 Mar 2017, 23:10

Published on Mar 30, 2017
There is some controversy about if Yeshua's last supper was a Passover meal or not. This is due to a question about the timeline presented in the gospels. Some people think there is a conflict between the synoptic gospels and the gospel of John, because the Synoptics say that Yeshua ate the Passover at the last supper, while John says that Yeshua died on the preparation day for the Passover.

There is a saying that, "an honest but mistaken man once shown the truth either ceases to be honest or ceases to be mistaken." My desire is to be an honest man who is willing to correct my mistakes. That's why I chose the name UNLEARN for this ministry. We must always be humble enough to admit when we make mistakes, and willing to repent and make the appropriate changes. When we are presented with new information, we need to be willing to re-evaluate what we believe about that topic.

I have recently been presented with new information that has changed my understanding about the Last Supper. I am now convinced that the last supper was in fact a Passover meal, and in this video I am going to explain why.

The argument really boils down to a question about when the Passover meal is supposed to be eaten. Some say it is to be eaten at the evening beginning the 14th, while others say it is to be eaten the evening beginning the 15th.

I previously believed the Passover was to be killed at the end of the 14th and eaten on the 15th. This is how most modern Jews celebrate Passover, and I assumed they were correct in their observance. However, after a closer examination of the Scriptures, I'm convinced that the Passover must be eaten at the evening beginning the 14th, because Yahweh passed over their houses during the night of the 14th. That is why the 14th day is called the Passover.

Numbers 28:16-17

So we see from this verse that the 14th day is the Passover and the 15th day begins the Feast of Unleavened Bread. There is a distinction made between these two days. Passover is not the first day of Unleavened Bread, Passover takes place the day before the Feast begins.

The Synoptics tell us that Yeshua and His disciples ate the Passover the night beginning the 14th day.

Matthew 26:17-19

Now, we just discussed that Passover is on the 14th and the Feast of Unleavened Bread begins on the 15th, so why does Matthew say on the first day of unleavened bread they asked where to kill the Passover? The word translated as "first" is the Greek word prōtē which means "before", "best", or "what comes first". So, it could be translated "before the day of Unleavened Bread", which makes more sense, because if it was already the Feast of Unleavened Bread they would have been a day late.

We know the meal Yeshua ate with His disciples took place on the evening beginning the 14th, because Yeshua died the evening beginning the 15th according to John's Gospel. John tells us it was the preparation day for the High Sabbath, which is on the 15th.

John 19:31

This was not the preparation day for the weekly Sabbath, it was the preparation day for the High Sabbath beginning the Feast of Unleavened bread.

Now, back to Matthew 26. These verses really cause problems for those who say the Passover is eaten on the 15th, because they say that Yeshua died before the Passover was to be eaten, but all three Synoptic Gospels say that Yeshua ate the Passover before He was killed.

Notice that Yeshua made an emphatic statement that He was going to eat the Passover at that place with His disciples.

Matthew 26:18-19

If you say that this was not a Passover meal, then you are disagreeing with the words of Yeshua. Not only that, but the Bible also says the disciples "prepared the Passover", indicating that they prepared the lamb. All three synoptic Gospels are in agreement on these points, but Luke includes something that the others do not say.

Luke 22:13-16

Yeshua again calls this meal the Passover and says that He has been looking forward to eating it with them before He suffers. He had eaten Passover every year of His life, but this Passover was special, because this was His Passover. He knew that this was the Passover when He would establish the New Covenant in His blood.

Matthew 26:26-28

Passover is a covenant meal and Yeshua ate the Passover with His disciples explaining that it is the New Covenant in His blood. This connects with the covenant that Yahweh made with Israel before they left Egypt, when He covered them with the blood and protected them from the destroyer.

Exodus 12:23

So, we see the 14th day is the Passover beginning at sunset, because Yahweh passed over them that night, and the 15th day is the High Sabbath. Yeshua ate the Passover covenant meal with His disciples on the night beginning the 14th, then He died at the end of the the 14th, finalizing the salvation and sealing the New Covenant in His blood.
Category
Education
License
Standard YouTube License
Jude
Jude
Admin
Admin

https://olivebranchchristian.forumieren.com

Back to top Go down