END TIME NEWS, A CALL FOR REPENTANCE, YESHUA THE ONLY WAY TO HEAVEN

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TODAY IS
Latest topics
» PLEASE ACCESS THE LINK TO ALL INFORMATION
UNLEARN THE LIES - BLESS THIS FOOD EmptySun 29 Aug 2021, 22:15 by Jude

THE OLIVE BRANCH | GOD IS MY SALVATION
LIVE TRAFFIC FEED

WEATHER FORECAST
ScreenSaver Forecast by NWS
WEATHER FORECAST
ScreenSaver Forecast by yr.no

UNLEARN THE LIES - BLESS THIS FOOD

Go down

UNLEARN THE LIES - BLESS THIS FOOD Empty UNLEARN THE LIES - BLESS THIS FOOD

Post  Jude Fri 31 Jul 2015, 14:30

Published on Feb 2, 2014
One day while eating lunch, I said the blessing before the meal, and a thought struck me. It was on my mind for the rest of the day, and it has stuck with me ever since.

All of my life I was taught to pray before meals (a good thing to do by the way), but I was taught to pray, "Lord bless this food", which is quite different from the way the Bible says to pray. Listen to what Deuteronomy 8:10 says about it.

"When you have eaten and are full, then you shall bless the Lord your God for the good land which He has given you."

There is a drastic difference between these two prayers. In the first I was taught to pray "Lord, bless this food", but in the Bible we are taught to pray "Blessed are you LORD" - Blessing God, not the food.

It actually seems quite laughable to me now looking back that in the past I used to ask God to bless food.  Prayer before and after meals is for the purpose of blessing, thanking, and praising God for His provisions. We are to bless God for giving us food, not ask Him to bless it for us.

For more information visit http://www.unlearnthelies.com/
Category
Education
License
Standard YouTube License
Jude
Jude
Admin
Admin

https://olivebranchchristian.forumieren.com

Back to top Go down