END TIME NEWS, A CALL FOR REPENTANCE, YESHUA THE ONLY WAY TO HEAVEN

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TODAY IS
Latest topics
» PLEASE ACCESS THE LINK TO ALL INFORMATION
12 REASONS WHY THE NOAH MOVIE WAS AN EPIC FAILURE! EmptySun 29 Aug 2021, 22:15 by Jude

THE OLIVE BRANCH | GOD IS MY SALVATION
LIVE TRAFFIC FEED

WEATHER FORECAST
ScreenSaver Forecast by NWS
WEATHER FORECAST
ScreenSaver Forecast by yr.no

12 REASONS WHY THE NOAH MOVIE WAS AN EPIC FAILURE!

Go down

12 REASONS WHY THE NOAH MOVIE WAS AN EPIC FAILURE! Empty 12 REASONS WHY THE NOAH MOVIE WAS AN EPIC FAILURE!

Post  Guest Tue 01 Apr 2014, 14:49

12 Reasons Why The Noah Movie Was An Epic Failure

Noah Movie Christian ReviewsWe knew Aronofsky would get some of the facts wrong, but Noah was a Biblical disaster of epic proportions, and I’m not referring to the flood. As I watched the movie, I couldn’t help but take notes about how many things he got wrong, omitted, or just added in for entertainment purposes. There were 12 big ones (and a few smaller ones) that I caught.

The main reason I decided to take notes was based on the disclaimer that they added to the preview, which stated that “some” artistic license was taken. Well, we’re going to look at just how much he took.

Below, I’m going to share my list with you, and after that, I’m going to share a few resources with you where you can get factual information about Noah’s flood. After you finish with this article, I want you to chime in and let me know what you liked and what you didn’t like about the movie. If you haven’t seen the movie yet, there are spoilers ahead.

For a super in depth, Biblical, perspective, check out my 10,000 word post on Noah’s flood. Days of Noah: The Most Epic Article You Will Read All Year.

Noah Movie Christian Perspective1. Noah’s Age – Noah’s age is clearly not based on the Bible. He’s old, but not 600 years old after the ten years it took him to build the ark in the movie.

“In the six hundredth year of Noah’s life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.” – Genesis 7:11

2. Lamech’s Death – At one point Noah tells a little girl that he was very young when his father died. Well, according to the Bible, Noah was actually older than the United States when his father died.

“And Lamech lived after he begat Noah five hundred ninety and five years, and begat sons and daughters:” – Genesis 5:30

3. The Age of Noah’s Sons – Although they get the order of birth correct (Shem, Ham, and Japheth), they are way off when it comes to the age. Shem, Ham, and Japheth were born when Noah was 500, and he didn’t get on the ark until he was 600, which means they were grown men and not children.

“And Noah was five hundred years old: and Noah begat Shem, Ham, and Japheth.” – Genesis 5:32

4. The Watchers – There were tons of things wrong with the Watchers, so I’m just going to provide a quick list:

They were not created on the 2nd day.
The watchers did not come to help mankind.
They were not giant rock creatures.
They were not saved from death by Methuselah.
They were not Methuselah’s friends.
They did not help Noah build the ark.
They did not help Noah defend the ark.
They were not hunted and killed by men.
They did not return to heaven after they died.

5. Tubal-Cain – This was Noah’s main enemy in the movie, but that’s not Biblical at all. They presented him and the rest of Cain’s line as evil, and again, not Biblical at all. Here are a few more things that didn’t happen in the Bible concerning Tubal-Cain.

He did not kill Lamech.
He was not king of the world.
He did not lead an army to take the ark.
He did not stow away on the ark.
He did not kill and eat animals on the ark.
He did not try to kill Noah on the ark.

6. Cain vs. Seth – The movie presents the descendants of Cain at war with the descendants of Seth. It never happened in the Bible.

7. God’s Grace – The movie completely downplayed that fact that Noah found grace with God, which was one of the reason he was saved.

“But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.” – Genesis 6:8

8. Closing The Ark – After an epic battle between the Watchers, Noah, and Tubal-Cain’s army, it wasn’t God that ended up shutting the ark. Aronofsky changed it to Noah closing the ark.

“And they that went in, went in male and female of all flesh, as God had commanded him: and the LORD shut him in.” – Genesis 7:16

9. End of Creation – Noah seems confused about why God was sending the flood, and at one point believes that God wants him to just get the animals through safely. As part of this mission, Japheth will be the last human on earth and will bury his dead brothers, leaving only the animals alive. According to the Bible, Noah was very clear on the reason:

“And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and every thing that is in the earth shall die. But with thee will I establish my covenant; and thou shalt come into the ark, thou, and thy sons, and thy wife, and thy sons’ wives with thee.” – Genesis 6:17-18

10. No Wives Survived – Shem finds a wife, but just before Ham can get his new found love on the boat, Noah refuses to save her from an animal trap, leaving only he and Shem with wives. Shem’s wife then gives birth to twin girls, intended for Ham and Japheth, once they grow up. Not only were Ham and Japheth 100 years old when they went into the ark, they had wives that went in with them as well.

“And Noah went in, and his sons, and his wife, and his sons’ wives with him, into the ark, because of the waters of the flood.” – Genesis 7:7

11. Noah The Baby Killer – Once they ran out of plot, the new plot became that Noah was going to kill the twin baby girls so they couldn’t reproduce and continue the human race. Nothing even remotely close to that happened in the Bible.

12. Be Fruitful and Multiply – As part of the disappointingly anticlimactic end, Noah blesses his new twin granddaughters and tells them, “be fruitful, multiply, and replenish the earth.” It was definitely said, but it wasn’t Noah that said it in the Bible. God said it to Noah.

“And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth.” – Genesis 9:!

Get My Book Free When You Sign Up For Email Updates

Were the sons of God really fallen angels or just disobedient descendants of Seth, and did Jesus prophesy their return in the Olivet Discourse? - Enter Your Email Address Below.

The Breakdown

While Noah was not Biblical and not accurate, it was enjoyable up until they got on the ark. I enjoyed the survival type situation that he and his family were in. I enjoyed the fact that the Watchers were in it, even though they were completely misrepresented. I enjoyed the fighting, and I enjoyed the special effects.

What I did not enjoy was the boring second half of the movie after the flood. It almost seems like they ran out of plot, had money leftover, and flipped a coin for ideas. If I could do it all over again, I’d wait for this to come out on Netflix, Hulu, or Amazon Prime. Not even worth the rental fee.

Please take a moment to share this article using the buttons to the left, if you found it useful. It is important for people to realize how non Biblical this movie is so that they are not deceived by Hollywood hype. Thanks for reading.
Awesome and Useful Noah Resources

As The Days of Noah Were – A super in depth study that looks into what the days of Noah were really like and the real reason for the flood.
W

Back to top Go down